Been a while since I updated this thread. The 350 is still going strong. It's had quite a bit done to bring it up to what I need and what I expect, and I'm still loving every minute of it as my main car when not working.
I visited Rob Jenner who helped out with a lot of parts for me;
* full size spare wheel to replace the standard donut
* genuine X350 wiper blades with the integrated jets to replace the generic no jet Bosch ones which were on it
* a new jack and wheel nut thingy
* a new boot light (as mine was missing)
* a boot floor handle (as mine was missing)
* New OSR tail light (as plastic silver surrounding trim was coming away
* 4 part worn tyres to rid me of the cheap Wanli's which were on it and causing a very loud rumble
And he changed my air filter as it was caked in mud. It's become very clear that the guy I bought the car from was a lying twat, for want of a better word as that car has not been serviced in at least 4 years, and he's since blocked all contact with me since I challenged him, complete coward!
Anyway, it's also had a full gearbox service and oil change (using the correct kit) as there was a leak from the sump and the gearchange was loud and jumpy, it's all cured.
And today, a big niggle for me was rectified, I took it for a headlight lense restoration. Like most of these, the acrylic lenses were yellowing and clouding and it was causing hell with my OCD, so I booked it in with one of these local smart repairers and I'm very happy with the results. I can't seem to upload photos from my mobile? Will need to try separately from the PC?
Last edited by h18spk
on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2017 Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci Zetec (AK66 CVW) - company car
2003 Jaguar XJ8 3.5 Sovereign SE (H18 SPK)
1994 Jaguar XJ6 4.0S (M105 FVC)
1994 Jaguar Sovereign 4.0 Majestic (H18 SXK)