Been a while since I updated this thread. The 350 is still going strong. It's had quite a bit done to bring it up to what I need and what I expect, and I'm still loving every minute of it as my main car when not working.
I visited Rob Jenner who helped out with a lot of parts for me;
* full size spare wheel to replace the standard donut
* genuine X350 wiper blades with the integrated jets to replace the generic no jet Bosch ones which were on it
* a new jack and wheel nut thingy
* a new boot light (as mine was missing)
* a boot floor handle (as mine was missing)
* New OSR tail light (as plastic silver surrounding trim was coming away
* 4 part worn tyres to rid me of the cheap Wanli's which were on it and causing a very loud rumble
And he changed my air filter as it was caked in mud. It's become very clear that the guy I bought the car from was a lying twat, for want of a better word as that car has not been serviced in at least 4 years, and he's since blocked all contact with me since I challenged him, complete coward!
Anyway, it's also had a full gearbox service and oil change (using the correct kit) as there was a leak from the sump and the gearchange was loud and jumpy, it's all cured.
And today, a big niggle for me was rectified, I took it for a headlight lense restoration. Like most of these, the acrylic lenses were yellowing and clouding and it was causing hell with my OCD, so I booked it in with one of these local smart repairers and I'm very happy with the results. I can't seem to upload photos from my mobile? Will need to try separately from the PC?
Last edited by h18spk
on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XJ40/X300 Administrator for the JEC
2017 Ford Kuga 2.0 tdci Zetec (AK66 CVW) - company car
2011 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI SE NAV auto (DY11 YCX)
2003 Jaguar XJ8 3.5 Sovereign SE (H18 SPK)
1994 Jaguar XJ6 4.0S (M105 FVC)
1994 Jaguar Sovereign 4.0 Majestic (H18 SXK)