SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

Pairing RF remote - requirments

Ramses100

Pairing RF remote - requirments

Postby Ramses100 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Dear all,

I am trying to pair a radio frequency remote to my 1993 Daimler Double Six. The car originates from Germany. The remote say 418 - 434 mhz on the circuitboard, the partnr on the back is dbc10085

I have followed the procedure as posted in other topics here and have gotten the car in 'learning' mode. However, upon pressing the button on the remote, there is no audible response and even after ending the learning procedure the remote doesn't do anything.

Besides the procedure to get the car in learning mode, is it required that the driver's side door ajar switch works? Or all the door ajar switches (as both my passenger side ones are broken).

Is it required for the seat sensor on the driver's side to work, as that is broken as well (so the car won't know I am in it while pairing the remote)?

Any other culprit which springs to mind?

Regards,

Ramses

Rok_Dr
Snr Member

Re: Pairing RF remote - requirments

Postby Rok_Dr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:14 am

Just a thought, but is the remote working? If you have a second remote that is paired to the car try pairing that again.

Try changing the battery. If that doesn't work an auto locksmith should be able to check that it’s emitting a signal.

Cheers

Steve
12 - 1994 Jaguar XJ12 "Lady Penelope"
6 - 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Grand Prix
5 - 2003 Discovery 2 S Td5 "Charlie"
4 - 2002 Nissan Pulsar ST "Iggy"
0 - 2006 19'6" Windsor Genesis "The Castle"

Ramses100

Postby Ramses100 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 am

Rok_Dr wrote:Just a thought, but is the remote working? If you have a second remote that is paired to the car try pairing that again.

Try changing the battery. If that doesn't work an auto locksmith should be able to check that it’s emitting a signal.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks for your reply. As it is, I have 3 remotes. 2 older ones which came from a Swiss Daimler, 1 new one which I bought off ebay. They are all similar (the circuitboard and mentioned frequency range on them are similar).

I haven't checked whether the remote is actually emitting a signal, but I have measured (using a volt meter) a distinct drop in currency over the + and - poles when pushing the button on the remote, which I think says the remote is drawing power to do something when pushing the button.

For some reason, I think Jag is fickle and won't allow pairing of remotes unless all the relevant sensors work and are connected to the car? Or at the very least on the drivers side.

Regards,

Ramses

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep

Postby donkeyotty » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:15 am

It is not as easy as it seems to pair the remotes up especially if you are trying to get two or more remotes to work on your car at the same time. It took me a few minutes to get the timings right but I did get two remotes paired up and working. Have you seen this thread ?? Fourth post is important.
viewtopic.php?t=2509
1994 Regency Red 4.0 Sovereign M117FVC Chassis 705979
1993 Volvo 940 2.0 Turbo Wentworth Estate

Ramses100

Postby Ramses100 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am

donkeyotty wrote:It is not as easy as it seems to pair the remotes up especially if you are trying to get two or more remotes to work on your car at the same time. It took me a few minutes to get the timings right but I did get two remotes paired up and working. Have you seen this thread ?? Fourth post is important.
viewtopic.php?t=2509

Hmm, with the images removed I am not sure what is meant. Car however should give some sort of response when a remote is paired? And once all slots are filled, regardless with how many remotes, should the flickering and chirping stop?

Regards,

Ramses

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep

Postby donkeyotty » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Once you have taken the key out all noises should stop.

Rok_Dr
Snr Member

Postby Rok_Dr » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Ramses100 wrote:Hi Steve,

thanks for your reply. As it is, I have 3 remotes. 2 older ones which came from a Swiss Daimler, 1 new one which I bought off ebay. They are all similar (the circuitboard and mentioned frequency range on them are similar).

I haven't checked whether the remote is actually emitting a signal, but I have measured (using a volt meter) a distinct drop in currency over the + and - poles when pushing the button on the remote, which I think says the remote is drawing power to do something when pushing the button.

For some reason, I think Jag is fickle and won't allow pairing of remotes unless all the relevant sensors work and are connected to the car? Or at the very least on the drivers side.

Regards,

Ramses

I’d agree if you get a voltage drop when pressing the button then the remote is likely to be working. Do any of the remotes work with the car at present? If not and If you can’t program any of them, then perhaps there is a problem in the wiring between the antenna on the back window and the security module (found in front of the abs ecu on the left side of the boot under the fuel filler)

The only other left field thought is perhaps there’s a frequency mismatch between the remote and security module. Unlikely though, but it occasionally bites us here in Australia which had a 318mhz security system, when ordering parts from the UK which used the 418mhz frequency.

Cheers

Steve
12 - 1994 Jaguar XJ12 "Lady Penelope"
6 - 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Grand Prix
5 - 2003 Discovery 2 S Td5 "Charlie"
4 - 2002 Nissan Pulsar ST "Iggy"
0 - 2006 19'6" Windsor Genesis "The Castle"

Ramses100

Postby Ramses100 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Rok_Dr wrote:
Ramses100 wrote:Hi Steve,

Regards,

Ramses

I’d agree if you get a voltage drop when pressing the button then the remote is likely to be working. Do any of the remotes work with the car at present? If not and If you can’t program any of them, then perhaps there is a problem in the wiring between the antenna on the back window and the security module (found in front of the abs ecu on the left side of the boot under the fuel filler)

The only other left field thought is perhaps there’s a frequency mismatch between the remote and security module. Unlikely though, but it occasionally bites us here in Australia which had a 318mhz security system, when ordering parts from the UK which used the 418mhz frequency.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

You mentioned the antenna on the back of the window? Is it possible to visually confirm this antenna is present? What does it look like?

Is it easy to get to the security module? My thinking is that if the security module isn't present or operative the car won't even go into learning mode?

Maybe someone unplugged or even removed the antenna?

Regards,

Ramses

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep

Postby donkeyotty » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:43 pm

The antenna is in the left hand corner of the rear window near to the filler cap, at least mine is, looks like a hrw wire. There is a picture of it in this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=996420

Snr Member

Postby 752120 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but I had a busted ecu but it still went into learning mode, when I changed the unit everything worked. Ecu is behind the left hand boot carpet, you need to remove the anti skid ecu and the security ecu is behind it.

Return to “Interior”