SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

Inner wing sticker

david
Distinguished Mbr

Re: Inner wing sticker

Postby david » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:43 pm

abercanadian wrote:The guy who makes all the engine bay stickers is on another forum

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj40-xj81-25/engine-bay-187662/#post1743658

Larry

'Jag_sticker' is the Ebay and Jaguarforums.com user name for a poster who used to be well known on the Jaguar World forum - 'preHEstoric'. The various refugees from that forum who followed olddelboy over to xj40.com back in 2008 will probably remember him. I remember he used to post up superb drawings of railway locomotives and racing Jaguars - and did a picture of Roly's Double six Majestic. He had a licence from Jaguar cars to make and sell these under bonnet stickers, but at that time there was little demand for them.

The under bonnet stickers made by Jag_sticker are by a country mile the best quality I have seen. They are in a different league to the ones offered by Leyland labels on Ebay.

I don't know whether he has made up any of the later black kind or not, but the earlier yellow versions he sells are indistinguishable from the genuine Jaguar items in colour, font and materials. If told they were 'new old stock', I would believe it. I would be fully happy to put them on my car and see them as fully suitable for concours competition, for those who take part.

The Leyland labels ones are much better than nothing, but are immediately obviously not original. Their colour isn't quite right, they have a slightly muddy focus and the vinyl is wrong.

I bought a set from 'Jagsticker' recently and the quality is just as good as I remembered. The set I bought was really for the battery under bonnet type, but I felt there is sufficient crossover between the two types to make the 'wrong' set worth buying, particularly as I don't actually need them currently and have bought them for the future.

I am a member of Jaguarforums and may suggest to Jagsticker that he joins here since there are quite a few members of XJ40.com who have restored or freshened cars and there could be a demand for them. The white EBC10105-type information sticker would also be well worth him making, since all the inner wing stickers are very vulnerable to rust. The 'do not remove this nut' label fitted to the shock absorber top washers may be useful too. Mine vanished years ago.

David
Image 1992 Sovereign 3.2 diamond blue (1993 model)

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep

Postby donkeyotty » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Hello David, How are you, long time no hear from. :o
Don.
1994 Regency Red 4.0 Sovereign M117FVC Chassis 705979
1993 Volvo 940 2.0 Turbo Wentworth Estate

ChrisW
Distinguished Mbr

Postby ChrisW » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Well its not perfect, but is better then nothing:

http://www.springballchange.co.uk
'93 XJR
'93 XJ12
'73 MGB Roadster
'98 Range Rover SE
97 Range Rover Autobiography

SovverBovver
Snr Member

Postby SovverBovver » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:09 pm

david wrote:The under bonnet stickers made by Jag_sticker are by a country mile the best quality I have seen. They are in a different league to the ones offered by Leyland labels on Ebay.

David

This information is good to know. I'd be unhappy to fit something that was obviously wrong, particularly with when for an unnecessary part like a sticker.

Whilst I don't do concours competitions, I like the challenge of keeping my car looking exactly like how it came out of the factory.
1992 Jaguar Sovereign

david
Distinguished Mbr

Postby david » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:13 pm

donkeyotty wrote:Hello David, How are you, long time no hear from. :o
Don.

Hi Don, I hope you are well and your lovely old Sovereign is in fine fettle. Yes, I haven't been so active here of late.
Image 1992 Sovereign 3.2 diamond blue (1993 model)

Return to “Exterior”