Xclusively Jaguar
SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

Snow Foam

Dazstap

Re: Snow Foam

Postby Dazstap » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:02 pm

I do agree with the fact that it doesn't really loosen dirt or negate the need to clean the car.

However, what it is good for is softening the dirt prior to cleaning the car, sort of like soaking the dishes before washing up. This is more important on dark colour cars when they are covered in mud or bird poo.

A decent shampoo, lots of water and elbow grease is always the best way. Followed by a quick detailed and cloth half an hour later or so.

Smiling Sovereign Owner 667651

NMV 1E
Snr Member

Postby NMV 1E » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:16 pm

A former employer has a fb page upon which they place "updates" .... They show a limousine covered in this foam adding that "a quick" jet wash is all it takes to keep our special fleet pristine .... I'm wondering if I should add in the comments, "You're a better man than me Gunga Din, if you think you can clean a vehicle without touching it ! " :o
Life begins at Forty !... I was born with nothing, I seem to have most of it left.

2006 Baby Blue Hyundai Getz 1.4 CDX, Auto (yes I know, I know, but you'd be surprised, I was !)
1989 White and Navy Blue V.W. Golf Cabriolet (G.T.i.)
1992 Tornado Red V.W. Golf "tintop" 5 door (G.T.i.)

Jaguarxj40
Snr Member

Postby Jaguarxj40 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm pretty much with you all here, i am a bit OCD about cleaning and have lots of different potions and lotions for inside and out for my cars and I ventured into the snow foam malarkey thing. Spent a lot on a snow foam gun and 5 litres of product and had a very disappointing result, it appeared to remove the polish on the car and I found it very difficult to get it to foam up and by the time I got round the car to where I started first all the foam had all but gone. How they get the whole vehicle White is beyond me. :?

I thought that it was only me getting poor results from snow foam :lol:

I found it to be a right old faff, extension lead out, get hose pipe out, connect it all up to the jet wash. Cables and hose getting tangled up :evil: too much effort for me for little result.

First thing I do is thouragly soak the car in water with a hose to soften everything up and then I hand wash it the traditional way followed by polish/wax maybe sometimes claying and general detailing of non painted parts.

Oh, have you ever watched these guys and girls in supermarket car parks cleaning cars, they seem to wash the whole car with the same cloth :o and one bucket of water to do everything, bodywork,Windows and tyres :roll:

I'd never let them get their hands on any of my cars.

Gary.
Current
1996 BMW Z3
1990 Jaguar XJ40 4.0

Previous,
1986 BMW M535i
1985 BMW 525e
1972 Vauxhall victor FE 2300
1966 Ford cortina estate
1961 Renault dauphine Gordini
1978 Range Rover
1976 Land Rover 101 forward control