Aidan wrote:Very professional looking boot infill panels there, Gary. We expect no less from you .
But how did you make the little clips that hold them in place... weld them onto the metal surrounding the holes?
Thank you, the clips are automotive cable run clips that are a sort of a flat S shape that you would not normally see as they would be hidden behind panels in the car. I thought of all sorts of ways to fix these but the recess lip is so narrow I didn't want to over complicate it so this was a compromise, normally these clips have some sort of a galvanised finish and as they would be visible I painted them in body colour.
naki_k wrote:Very nice. Why they did not fit a cover on these pre 93 cars i don't know.
Did you check the little switch, on the RH hinge. They can break in various ways.
Thank you, you know that I can't stop doing things like this yes it's very annoying that being such a lovely car they skimped on that last little bit of trim, however not that I noticed it before until I decided to tidy this area up but there are a series of square holes around the edge of the boot that can be seen in the picture, this not my original boot, I took this off another car in my local scrap yard so maybe this was off a post 93 car that would have had the full boot lining
Ah yes, the boot light, I was going to mention this but you beat me to it
This was a real annoyance to me, with a multi meter I checked all wiring and could not find any issue at all, it couldn't be the switch surely, it's such a simple thing, right
I brought a new plunger switch from Halfords as genuine switches are ridiculously expensive and with the intention of adapting a bracket to make it work.
However, once I had wrestled (what a pig these mounting screws are to get at to remove this switch) the switch off, even though it's a non sevicable part I could see that there was a way in to disassemble it.
Nothing to loose, I took it apart carefully, the contact points were a little oxidised, cleaned up all contacts, tweaked both springs and a little silicon lubricant on the moving plunger, reassembled and hey presto a working light again