Well for my sins, the Daimler has been in storage since January.
I got distracted by another, project an old Toyota Land Cruiser http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/208932/1979-toyota-landcruiser-rusty-mcrustface
But it was good to get back into the swing of things with the Daimler, and I managed to tick off a few jobs that have been on the list for a while.
I've replaced both water thermostats - can't say that was a nice job - complicated by the fact I had a wrong gasket, so I had to clean/re-use/re-seal one of the old ones.
Yes of course it leaked the first couple of attempts
Still it is done now.
The old stats were genuine Jaguar, and the water was nice'n'clean. TBH the rad looks quite new, so I think somebody had overhauled the cooling system prior to my ownership.
Still with a flush of coolant - it is good to know it really has been done.
But the big one is the AC
I fitted the cheap new compressor I got from eBay
That was an easy job
I also fitted the expensive condenser I had shipped in from the Netherlands.
That was straightforward, but getting it to sit properly on the rubbers was a little awkward.
Lastly was a new receiver/dryer
The mobile AC man came today, and after a bit of faff managed to seal the system, and got it topped up with gas.
I've got working AC - whoo hoo huge milestone.
Thanks for looking.