David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

Paris

KingfisherJon

Re: Paris

Postby KingfisherJon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 pm

naki_k wrote:
KingfisherJon wrote:
naki_k wrote:Having lived there for 15 years, i saw the gradually transformation of London's attitude to the the motor vehicle. One of the many reason i left.

There’s also no such thing as driving around London anymore, it’s just a case of trying your best to avoid potential accidents all over the place! The standard of driving is shocking. Even with my family in the suburbs, I hate driving around London, so many cars have dents in them and nobody cares. Not a nice place to take the Jag, much too risky now, but has to be done sadly!

Agree yes. When I was there, I used my Range Rover for round town, and the Jag for going out of town.

I often think about insuring my old Corolla (now mum’s) on daily insurance for the times going to London is required. Even that I spent c.£1500 on bodywork to get it good as new though, maybe I look after my cars too much!
1993 (92MY) Daimler 4.0 in Kingfisher Blue (667548)
2004 Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 (daily drive)

NMV 1E
Snr Member

Postby NMV 1E » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Halcyon days nostalgia too (much preferred ... ;) ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhuBZEZESU
Life begins at Forty !... I was born with nothing, I seem to have most of it left.

2006 Baby Blue Hyundai Getz 1.4 CDX, Auto (yes I know, I know, but you'd be surprised, I was !)
1989 White and Navy Blue V.W. Golf Cabriolet (G.T.i.)
1992 Tornado Red V.W. Golf "tintop" 5 door (G.T.i.) For Sale !

Aidan

Postby Aidan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:24 pm

NMV 1E wrote:Halcyon days nostalgia too (much preferred ... ;) ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhuBZEZESU

That's a lovely video, Tony. Curious lack of concrete security bollards, garish advertisments and... people, too :) .
And almost every car made in a British factory somewhere in Britain. Looks like a very appealing place to have been... except for the pea-soupers :D
Looked every bit as elegant as Eric's Paris does in his smart photos.
Aidan

1994 Moroccan Red XJ40 3,2 Sport ("Ruby")
1995 Jade Green X300 3,2 Sovereign ("Jade")
2005 Cedar Green Pearl Volvo XC 90 SE

old del boy

Postby old del boy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:50 pm

Oh i don't know , the '' pea soupers '' were great as a lad , you could get up to all sorts and no one could see , my first years of motoring were complete freedom too , empty roads , no cameras and a white circle with a black line through it meant NO speed limit , park more or less where you like , maybe even tax the car if you felt like it , oh i miss those days :(

Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.