• Advertisement
Xclusively Jaguar
SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

NEC Classic Car Show

UK Meetings
Elsa_jag
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Hunnington, West Midlands

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby Elsa_jag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Cars can only leave on the Sunday, they have to stay all weekend! No exceptions.

I'll drive in and train home - if my car is wanted.

If you're from further away and want to stay nearby you'll need to think about hotels now.
Last edited by Elsa_jag on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Carl

ImageImage
Elsa_1994 3.2 s/ 61000 miles/ VIN 698892
http://xj40.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1195

carlmt
Snr Member
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby carlmt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 pm

I am quite happy to lead on this - I have read the link supplied by Naki and there is nothing there that I am not familiar with from attending other trade shows with my model boat business.

Just waiting on JR's 'go ahead' really............

One 'point' on the form relates to what our stand would be celebrating.... An anniversary or something else related to the vehicles on display?
We will need an idea for this before filling the form in - and lets make it good!!!!! The JEC will no doubt lean on the 50 years of XJ angle..... We need to come up with something '40 related........

CT
1990 Daimler 4.0 638778
First registered 01.01.1991
Image

Dazstap
Snr Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby Dazstap » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm happy to do the legwork on this and leave my car there for the duration. Previously I took the car up on the Thursday afternoon, helped set up the stand and came back for the weekend. I'm more than happy to do that again if you'd want my car. I promise it will be very shiny for the weekend!

Totally agree that a theme is needed to secure a place. Maybe the fact that there was not one XJ40 there last year, and only two the year before!

We've got until 14th March to apply, so let's get our thinking caps on!
Smiling Sovereign Owner

Elsa_jag
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Hunnington, West Midlands

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby Elsa_jag » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 pm

I'll happily help wherever I can Carl-MT, like you I have experience of these things and some good contacts.

Ideas...

XJR was introduced in 88 - 30 years
Xj81 in 93 - 25 years
S model in 93 - 25 years
Oil crisis in '73 (45 years) - 'the jag that nearly never happened' :lol:

I like the last one as it gives chance to use any cars we like and the theme can easily include so much information to give a layer of interest beyond the cars.
Regards, Carl

ImageImage
Elsa_1994 3.2 s/ 61000 miles/ VIN 698892
http://xj40.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1195

Simont485
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 am
Location: Eye, Suffolk

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby Simont485 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:10 am

I am free that weekend so 25 years of the XJ81....at least one V12 needed then!!

So I'm in if needed!
Jaguar XJ12 1994 704165
Jaguar XJS V12 1996 196529
Rover SD1 TP Vitesse 1986

naki_k
Super Moderator
Posts: 28673
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Location: Kirton, nr Boston, Lincolnshire

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby naki_k » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Simont485 wrote:I am free that weekend so 25 years of the XJ81....at least one V12 needed then!!

So I'm in if needed!


Remember, the car would need to be at the NEC Thursday daytime (office hours).

Clearly a selection of different models should draw good interest from The Punters.
88 3.6 XJ6 PDH/CEM
90 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 V8 LPG
91 4.0 XJ6 Manual
92 4.0 XJR Manual
92 4.0 XJR
93 3.2s - 4.0 Manual conv
93 4.0 Sovereign
93 6.0 XJ81 DD6 x2
93 6.0 XJ81 XJ12
94 4.0 XJR
94 4.0 Daimler
96 4.0 X306 XJR
96 4.0 X300 D6
97 4.0 X300 Sport Manual
2000 LR Discovery ES TD5 A
Breaking 40/ 300

Simont485
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 am
Location: Eye, Suffolk

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby Simont485 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 pm

naki_k wrote:
Simont485 wrote:I am free that weekend so 25 years of the XJ81....at least one V12 needed then!!

So I'm in if needed!


Remember, the car would need to be at the NEC Thursday daytime (office hours).

Clearly a selection of different models should draw good interest from The Punters.


Not a problem, I can be there Thursday through to Sunday and Monday if required.
Jaguar XJ12 1994 704165
Jaguar XJS V12 1996 196529
Rover SD1 TP Vitesse 1986

j_r
Founder and Owner
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 pm
Location: Cheshire
Contact:

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby j_r » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:23 am

Hi Guys,

A few things

Yes it would be fantastic to have a presence at the Nec.

It's a massive commitment for those attending and can work out very expensive for those exhibiting their cars.
This was discussed recently on Facebook.

What insurance cover would we need?

Do they recognise an online forum as a club? sounds strange I know but it has come up before.

If somebody wants to run with this one let me know via email.

Cheers

John
Founder, Owner, Memberships and all round XJ40 Nut

Image

carlmt
Snr Member
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby carlmt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 am

j_r wrote:Hi Guys,

A few things

Yes it would be fantastic to have a presence at the Nec.

It's a massive commitment for those attending and can work out very expensive for those exhibiting their cars.
This was discussed recently on Facebook.

What insurance cover would we need?

Do they recognise an online forum as a club? sounds strange I know but it has come up before.

If somebody wants to run with this one let me know via email.

Cheers

John


Email sent John!
1990 Daimler 4.0 638778
First registered 01.01.1991
Image

Elsa_jag
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Hunnington, West Midlands

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Postby Elsa_jag » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:24 pm

carlmt wrote:
j_r wrote:Hi Guys,

A few things

Yes it would be fantastic to have a presence at the Nec.

It's a massive commitment for those attending and can work out very expensive for those exhibiting their cars.
This was discussed recently on Facebook.

What insurance cover would we need?

Do they recognise an online forum as a club? sounds strange I know but it has come up before.

If somebody wants to run with this one let me know via email.

Cheers

John


Email sent John!


Well done Carl.

Let me know what help you need and when!
Regards, Carl

ImageImage
Elsa_1994 3.2 s/ 61000 miles/ VIN 698892
http://xj40.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1195