• Advertisement
Xclusively Jaguar
SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

Bromley 2019

UK Meetings
Rory
Posts: 6165
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent

Bromley 2019

Postby Rory » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:30 pm

I will try again, this time with a proper car :D
Some negotiations still required at home but fingers crossed!
Last year was a 'mare and i still haven't apologised to Derek.
This is my official apology. Sorry Derek :(
Rory
1992 4.0 Daimler(662003)(2010-)

old del boy
Posts: 6916
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Kent

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby old del boy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:20 am

Yes , long time no see Rory , better luck this time eh? , not long now , the 23rd of June , of course there's always our meet up in Warwick on the weekend of the 3rd of August if you prefer :)

I'll be in my usual spot in the Daimler section of course ;)

Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.

Rory
Posts: 6165
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby Rory » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:14 pm

Indeed! Well i have got as far as printing out my tickets this year! Do you hapoen to know what time you can leave the one make parking?

Hoping to get there early... But may need to leave... :(

Rory
1992 4.0 Daimler(662003)(2010-)

old del boy
Posts: 6916
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Kent

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby old del boy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:06 am

I sometimes leave early , there's always people leaving at all sorts of times though it might be a bit tricky if they're still coming in :lol:

I usually try to get there for around 8.30 - 9.00 am and depending on how much fun i'm having and what the weather is like i adjust my leaving time accordingly , looks like the weather will be warm and sunny so should be a good turnout , if anyone hasn't been before it's probably the biggest classic car event you'll ever attend and a great day out ,

http://bromleypageant.msgfocus.com/q/1I ... MlONEZp/wv

Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.

Rory
Posts: 6165
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby Rory » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks Derek! Hopefully see you tomorrow!
You can ignore my text :D you had answered already!

Rory
1992 4.0 Daimler(662003)(2010-)

naki_k
Super Moderator
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Location: Kirton, nr Boston, Lincolnshire

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby naki_k » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:35 pm

You can leave when you like, but not arrive when you like!
88 3.6 XJ6 PDH/CEM
90 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 V8 LPG
91 4.0 XJ6 Manual
92 4.0 XJR Manual
92 4.0 XJR
93 3.2s - 4.0 Manual conv
93 4.0 Sovereign
93 6.0 XJ81 DD6 x2
93 6.0 XJ81 XJ12
94 4.0 XJR
94 4.0 Daimler
96 4.0 X306 XJR
96 4.0 X300 D6
97 4.0 X300 Sport Manual
2000 LR Discovery ES TD5 A
Breaking 40/ 300

old del boy
Posts: 6916
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Kent

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby old del boy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:52 pm

naki_k wrote:You can leave when you like, but not arrive when you like!


To be fair Naki they're all pretty much the same rules everywhere these days , no movement of cars if you're an exhibitor after the public has been let in , you do have to get up early though which might not suit some people ;)

Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.

naki_k
Super Moderator
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Location: Kirton, nr Boston, Lincolnshire

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby naki_k » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:38 am

old del boy wrote:
naki_k wrote:You can leave when you like, but not arrive when you like!


To be fair Naki they're all pretty much the same rules everywhere these days , no movement of cars if you're an exhibitor after the public has been let in , you do have to get up early though which might not suit some people ;)

Derek..


No movement of cars except when you are leaving? You can run over who you like, as long as it’s on the way out?

Sorry Derek, I don’t agree there.
Of all the meets/ shows I have gone to, each one has different “rules”. Though Bromley is the problematic one. I have never been turned away anywhere else, and arrived elsewhere at a time that suits my schedule, not someone else’s.
88 3.6 XJ6 PDH/CEM
90 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 V8 LPG
91 4.0 XJ6 Manual
92 4.0 XJR Manual
92 4.0 XJR
93 3.2s - 4.0 Manual conv
93 4.0 Sovereign
93 6.0 XJ81 DD6 x2
93 6.0 XJ81 XJ12
94 4.0 XJR
94 4.0 Daimler
96 4.0 X306 XJR
96 4.0 X300 D6
97 4.0 X300 Sport Manual
2000 LR Discovery ES TD5 A
Breaking 40/ 300

Rory
Posts: 6165
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Herne Bay, Kent

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby Rory » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Nice day out at Bromley seeing old friends and meeting new...

https://ibb.co/QXN6v67
https://ibb.co/fXQhCGj
https://ibb.co/H2gS6LZ
https://ibb.co/2WkQSKk


Great to see you again Derek.
Lovely to meet you Matt.

Sorry struggling with the hosting :(
But no problem leaving early!
1992 4.0 Daimler(662003)(2010-)

KingfisherJon
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 pm
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border

Re: Bromley 2019

Postby KingfisherJon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:05 pm

naki_k wrote:
old del boy wrote:
naki_k wrote:You can leave when you like, but not arrive when you like!


To be fair Naki they're all pretty much the same rules everywhere these days , no movement of cars if you're an exhibitor after the public has been let in , you do have to get up early though which might not suit some people ;)

Derek..


No movement of cars except when you are leaving? You can run over who you like, as long as it’s on the way out?

Sorry Derek, I don’t agree there.
Of all the meets/ shows I have gone to, each one has different “rules”. Though Bromley is the problematic one. I have never been turned away anywhere else, and arrived elsewhere at a time that suits my schedule, not someone else’s.



I agree, most shows I’ve gone to, they’ve allowed people in 2 or 3 hours after the public arrive as long as there’s space! The one I went to today I arrived 15 mins after, as I struggle to get Sunday mornings free. A firm start time and pedantic rules over movement of cars would definitely put me off exhibiting at a show.
1993 (92MY) Daimler 4.0 in Kingfisher Blue (667548)
2004 Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 (daily drive)