Latest JDHT Offers

david

Re: Latest JDHT Offers

Postby david » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:36 pm

j_r wrote:Hi All

Seems those picnic tables a creating some exitement....lol

so for all you picnic fans the part No is JLM1245

and the Fuel/ Bat guage is JLM 1933 just in case

anyone with a Series 3 car they have the door capping veneer kit in JHP 1155 for
£41.13

Good Hunting

John

JLM1245 is the earlier version which Old-Del-Boy already has unfortunately.
Image 1992 Sovereign 3.2 diamond blue (1993 model)

old del boy

Postby old del boy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:50 pm

You're right there David , what a bugger, i'm still going to give them a ring though and see if they have any of the ones i want, i'm not paying 63 quid each though , i'll think of something Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.

old del boy

Postby old del boy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:37 pm

After a chat with Glen Parkes at jdht about the picnic table offer [ quote ' that's news to me ' ] poor chap hadn't had time to read his e-mails from the marketing dept , the two different part nos [ within the same vin range ] are ones with inlays and ones without , the subject of a part no for sets with the later reading lamps in the top finisher [ which was my particular interest ] ' i'll look into that and ring you back' he rang back the next day and said that it didn't appear that there ever was one , so i guess that's the end of that :cry: Derek..

david

Postby david » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 pm

old del boy wrote:After a chat with Glen Parkes at jdht about the picnic table offer [ quote ' that's news to me ' ] poor chap hadn't had time to read his e-mails from the marketing dept , the two different part nos [ within the same vin range ] are ones with inlays and ones without , the subject of a part no for sets with the later reading lamps in the top finisher [ which was my particular interest ] ' i'll look into that and ring you back' he rang back the next day and said that it didn't appear that there ever was one , so i guess that's the end of that :cry: Derek..

I don't think Glen Parkes is right, Derek. The offer picnic table is the same as the one you have from your kit. The two different part numbers within the same VIN range are for tables with inlay and tables without inlay as used by very early cars.

However these are not the part numbers I was referring to earlier in this thread.

JDHT list a further part number specifically for cars after VIN 667829 which should have the inset space for the reading light in the top part of the tray assembly. Naturally it is not reduced... :roll:

Here it is.

http://www.jdht.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... m=JLM11654

Hope this helps - and good luck!!

David.

By the way, are Daimler seats wider than Jaguar seats? :lol:

David

old del boy

Postby old del boy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 am

Yes you are right there is another page with another number on it [ though how you found it god knows ] trouble is everybody uses the picture to go by and it doesn't have the hole in for the lamp , i'm sure if i were to ask if there actually is provision for the lamp , allthough not illustrated the reply would be , no parts are at jdht coventry , they are all over the country and i couldn't tell you where so i can't tell you . The same problem exists at the main dealer who looks at the same web page and if they are not sure of something rings jdht and gets the same answer. The sure way to find out of course would be to order one , but at 63 quid plus i guess i shall have to keep on wondering, and keep on waiting till they are on special offer :roll:

Thanks for taking an interest, i suspect everbody is sick of reading about picnic tables :roll: :roll: Derek..

j_r
Founder and Owner

Postby j_r » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi Derek,

No you keep on about picnic tables and if you find some let us know.

I know they would never be used but I do have a soft spot for the picnic tables,
I know this isnt original but I love to buy some and have then stained red to match the S veneer, that would be sweet.
Founder, Owner, Memberships and all round XJ40 Nut

david

Postby david » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:18 pm

j_r wrote:I know this isnt original but I love to buy some and have then stained red to match the S veneer, that would be sweet.

Or find out if the JDHT still have any 'Insignia' wood left - they offered the same red stained (maple?) veneer on Insignia cars and would match your wood exactly. I think they would look superb - particularly good on the 'S' cars.
David

old del boy

Postby old del boy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:32 am

Until recently they were advertising some majestic car sets [ for 93/94 cars which would have suited me nicely ] at an incredibly low price but when i asked Glen he said they were all gone , very soon after the page was updated such is life Derek..

david

Postby david » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:24 pm

old del boy wrote:Until recently they were advertising some majestic car sets [ for 93/94 cars which would have suited me nicely ] at an incredibly low price but when i asked Glen he said they were all gone , very soon after the page was updated such is life Derek..

Rather confusingly if I remember right, the Majestic wood sets that JDHT were offering were for the earlier US spec standard wheelbase cars, rather than for the 93-94 LWB cars with the longer rear doors...

If I am right, they would have had the same problem as the ones you currently have.

David

Return to “XJ40 Parts For Sale”