• Advertisement
Xclusively Jaguar
SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

If you don't have space for a Jag...

FindTheRiver
Snr Member

Re: If you don't have space for a Jag...

Postby FindTheRiver » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:08 am

MGBV8 wrote:
naki_k wrote:Sounds like you will be buying then?
I find it hard to get excited about a car like this, but I can see the appeal if you have sentimental value from your youth.

No, I'll not be going for this one. I've been there and done that so to speak? I am happy to try anything once, though. It's very easy to get stuck in the mentality of only liking one type of car. Most of the things I've owned have been long out of production in my lifetime. I like to experience different things and make up my own mind about what they are like. I've daily driven everything from a '56 ford pop to a '96 Discovery via Morris marina's, Porsche 911's, Triumphs, MG's, reliant rialto's all sorts.

I turn 30 next year and I've been through almost 70 cars. Lifes too short not to experience as much as you can IMHO!

70 cars?!?! Wow, that's impressive. I'm 32 and I just totalled it up and have a comparatively pitiful total of 24!

Which 911 did you have?
1990 Jaguar XJR
1993 Daimler Six
1993 Daimler Double Six
1993 Jaguar XJR
1996 Jaguar XJR
2004 Jaguar XJR
2008 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign 3.0
2017 Jaguar XJ R-Sport 3.0d

MGBV8
Snr Member

Re: If you don't have space for a Jag...

Postby MGBV8 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:39 pm

FindTheRiver wrote:
MGBV8 wrote:
naki_k wrote:Sounds like you will be buying then?
I find it hard to get excited about a car like this, but I can see the appeal if you have sentimental value from your youth.

No, I'll not be going for this one. I've been there and done that so to speak? I am happy to try anything once, though. It's very easy to get stuck in the mentality of only liking one type of car. Most of the things I've owned have been long out of production in my lifetime. I like to experience different things and make up my own mind about what they are like. I've daily driven everything from a '56 ford pop to a '96 Discovery via Morris marina's, Porsche 911's, Triumphs, MG's, reliant rialto's all sorts.

I turn 30 next year and I've been through almost 70 cars. Lifes too short not to experience as much as you can IMHO!

70 cars?!?! Wow, that's impressive. I'm 32 and I just totalled it up and have a comparatively pitiful total of 24!

Which 911 did you have?

'80 SC Coupe.

- JC.
'94 Daimler Six. Gunmetal / Doeskin.

Return to “Others For Sale”