• Advertisement
Xclusively Jaguar
SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

XJS Insignia

Simont485
Distinguished Mbr
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 am
Location: Eye, Suffolk

XJS Insignia

Postby Simont485 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Jaguar XJ12 1994 704165
Jaguar XJS V12 1996 196529
Rover SD1 TP Vitesse 1986

naki_k
Super Moderator
Posts: 27827
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Location: Kirton, nr Boston, Lincolnshire

Re: XJS Insignia

Postby naki_k » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Another peppermint then. Dealers are really getting their teeth stuck in. Though small change by Euro standards still.
88 3.6 XJ6 PDH/CEM
90 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 V8 LPG
91 3.2 XJ6 SportPack Manual
91 4.0 XJ6 Manual
92 4.0 XJR Manual
92 4.0 XJR
93 3.2s - 4.0 Manual conv
93 4.0 Sovereign
93 6.0 XJ81 DD6
93 6.0 XJ81 XJ12
94 4.0 XJR
96 4.0 X306 XJR
96 4.0 X300 D6
97 4.0 X300 Sport Manual
2000 LR Discovery ES TD5 A
Breaking 40/ 300

pimgmx
Distinguished Mbr
Posts: 3070
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 pm
Location: South East of the Netherlands

Re: XJS Insignia

Postby pimgmx » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:43 pm

naki_k wrote:small change by Euro standards

Not really: roughly 5 Eurogrand more expensive than a more sought-after XJRS, or AJ16 powered XJS. Actually not for off from medium mileage DB7 money.
The price tag would even be high to Continental standards when it was LHD (RHD spec easily takes ~30% off value our side of the Channel).

Wouldn't mind 'completing the set' with a purchase, but not for this money!

BTW: much more hires pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kgfclassi ... 459100309/

the daily: 01 S8 http://bit.ly/2kIwP4m
the tractor: 77 LaRo LW https://bit.ly/2Hr9n6y
the eyecatcher: 93 Insignia http://bit.ly/1iGrmsU
the GT: 89 XJS http://bit.ly/1WQGpC5
the project: 95 X306 http://bit.ly/1cW11DN
the pocket rocket: 97 Z3 http://bit.ly/12IfE7B
the ex: 93 3.2 http://bit.ly/14GTNrq

Chefspakken
North Germany Rep
Posts: 2286
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: XJS Insignia

Postby Chefspakken » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:50 pm

pimgmx wrote:...
BTW: much more hires pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kgfclassi ... 459100309/


ABSOLUTELY very very extreme nice :D
If the wood would be green as well, it had charmed me :lol:

Not too much for such a rare car in this condition? IF the reality is nice as the pictures!!
1990 Sovereign Chasseur Stealth TwinTurbo No.0016
Daily XF 20d

Simont485
Distinguished Mbr
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 am
Location: Eye, Suffolk

Re: XJS Insignia

Postby Simont485 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Chefspakken wrote:
pimgmx wrote:...
BTW: much more hires pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kgfclassi ... 459100309/


ABSOLUTELY very very extreme nice :D
If the wood would be green as well, it had charmed me :lol:

Not too much for such a rare car in this condition? IF the reality is nice as the pictures!!


It is a good in reality. I know the car and owner. It won Pride and Joy award at the JEC Eastern Day earlier this year
Jaguar XJ12 1994 704165
Jaguar XJS V12 1996 196529
Rover SD1 TP Vitesse 1986

naki_k
Super Moderator
Posts: 27827
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Location: Kirton, nr Boston, Lincolnshire

Re: XJS Insignia

Postby naki_k » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:54 am

The never ending subject matter "is it overpriced or not"? :lol: keep us busy on a winters evening though.
88 3.6 XJ6 PDH/CEM
90 Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 V8 LPG
91 3.2 XJ6 SportPack Manual
91 4.0 XJ6 Manual
92 4.0 XJR Manual
92 4.0 XJR
93 3.2s - 4.0 Manual conv
93 4.0 Sovereign
93 6.0 XJ81 DD6
93 6.0 XJ81 XJ12
94 4.0 XJR
96 4.0 X306 XJR
96 4.0 X300 D6
97 4.0 X300 Sport Manual
2000 LR Discovery ES TD5 A
Breaking 40/ 300

Chefspakken
North Germany Rep
Posts: 2286
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: XJS Insignia

Postby Chefspakken » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:48 am

Simont485 wrote:
Chefspakken wrote:
pimgmx wrote:...
BTW: much more hires pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kgfclassi ... 459100309/


ABSOLUTELY very very extreme nice :D
If the wood would be green as well, it had charmed me :lol:

Not too much for such a rare car in this condition? IF the reality is nice as the pictures!!


It is a good in reality. I know the car and owner. It won Pride and Joy award at the JEC Eastern Day earlier this year


Oh yes, I remember "L22 XJS" but the condition was not so perfect?!?!
I didn't understood why she won the price ... the red XJ40 was much nicer (under the influence of my taste) ;)

naki_k wrote:The never ending subject matter "is it overpriced or not"? :lol: keep us busy on a winters evening though.


Always off the roof if you will buy one :lol:
1990 Sovereign Chasseur Stealth TwinTurbo No.0016
Daily XF 20d


Return to “Others For Sale”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest