SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

BRITISH PARTS UK

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep

BRITISH PARTS UK

Postby donkeyotty » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:03 pm

In my endeavour to not feel ashamed every time I open the bonnet I decided to clean up around the coil pack area. I removed the coil and base plate with the ignition module on and stripped it all down to basic components. Plate has been cleaned up and polished, brackets have gone to the powder coaters, and all screws and nuts have been replaced with stainless. Coil was grotty so has been painted. Suppressor was more rust than metal so decided to order a new one. While I was at it I thought I might as well have a new dizzy cap and rotor arm as well. Priced them up at JDHT and it was more than £50 delivered for all 3.
So I had a look at British Parts and a JLM150 kit (dizzy and rotor arm) and a suppressor DBC2000 worked out at £30.13 delivered so I ordered them very early yesterday morning. Later on that day I got a confirmation e-mail and a delivery date for today with a tracking link to check your delivery time.
This morning at 8:30 I got a text from the driver with an eta between 9 and 10 and fair play he arrived at 9:30. Parts are a perfect fit (and yes the dizzy is blue but it looks ace) and I am mightily impressed with the service. I will definitely use them again.
Now all I need is a nice little Lucas sticker to go on the coil, failing that I am going to do a Norman and put a gold Jaguar sticker on it ;)
1994 Regency Red 4.0 Sovereign M117FVC Chassis 705979
1993 Volvo 940 2.0 Turbo Wentworth Estate (Daily)