I have already askes some questions on here, but I am quite new one here, so here we go
My name is Cédric, age 23 and I live in Berlaar, about 25kmh from Antwerp, Belgium
Most of the time I am working on classic Vespa's and lambretta's, but this is a new adventure to me.
Recently I bought this xj40 4.0 sovereign from 1989 with some things to solve, but in quite okay shape.
Things on my list to solve:
- engine oil leak
- fuel fail 26
- exhaust manifold is ticking, you hear it clearly at the right side front foot area
- 'anti lock' light
- shock absorbers front and rear
- central locking isn't working due to worn out cylinder locks (thanks Naki), these will hopefully arrive next week
- differential pinion seal is leaking
- the red dashboard brake lights start to glow when I push the brake pedal, and goes out when i release
- inlet manifold does sweat a litlle bit at cilinder 6
- the right small most rear window is coming air inside, you can hear it when driving and is quite irritating
- search socket for h2 bulb for front fog light
what I already did;
- new camshaft cover gasket
- new spark plugs
- new air filter
- left blower motor changed
- new front window
anyone some idea's on the fuel fail 26 and some tricks on how to remove the manifold without dissmantling as less as possible?