SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

Spotted today

Meeting room
old del boy

Spotted today

Postby old del boy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:29 pm

There's me thinking i'm the only bloke around here with a Daimler xj40 and low and behold i spotted one in jade in my own street , another also in jade in the next road and a dark green j reg one as i was approaching Bexleyheath :o

Which i suppose means there's more around than you'd think , i have seen several xj40 jags in red around my neck of the wood , but three old Daimlers on the way to the shops has got to be my personal record , didn't see as many at our local show [ Bromley pageant] .

Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.

kamilb1998
Under 17s Rep South

Re: Spotted today

Postby kamilb1998 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:54 pm

I've spotted a G-reg Daimler in my local Tesco's in Diss. Left the guy a piece of paper behind the wiper and told him to register on here.

XJ81____

Postby XJ81____ » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:18 pm

and a grey F-plate in Wymondham at the end of Damgate Street.
ImageImage

kamilb1998
Under 17s Rep South

Postby kamilb1998 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:45 am

also a F-reg white XJ6 at my local garage

eXJ40

Postby eXJ40 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:56 pm

From Tiggy (aka Letitia)Just as I was driving down the road from Billingshurst to Horsham (1.50 pm Sunday 22/11/09) I saw a Flamenco(?) Red XJ40 (either XJ6 XJ12 or Sport – I didn’t catch the number to date it!) I was staring at it as it approached and was really taken by surprise when the driver waved – I stopped flashing/waving at other Jaguars years ago, as no-one ever acknowledges me!

I was REALLY upset that I hadn’t been able to wave or flash Tiggy’s headlamps in time!

Anyway, returning home, I saw it again – this time with headlamps on (which made it look like a Sovereign!) and it took me by surprise so I only just managed to wave in time! It was just outside Midhurst going back towards Horsham at 2.40 pm the same day. I am hoping the owner might read this, as it is VERY unusual for an XJ40 driver to acknowledge another one, in my experience!

TWR_Jaguar

Postby TWR_Jaguar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Spotted a 1994 XJ6 Gold pull just outside my uni the other day. Same colour as well! Flashed him but I don't think he saw it.
2008 Audi RS6 5.0 V10 Twin Turbo - Stage 2 750bhp
1989 Jaguar XJR 3.6 Manual Janspeed Bi-turbo
2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XC

eXJ40

Postby eXJ40 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm

:idea: Do you think we could have a "spotted" section on the forum? IT could be quite nice to have a place to put down our "spotteds"? :?: :idea:

old del boy

Postby old del boy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 pm

eXJ40 wrote:From Tiggy (aka Letitia)Just as I was driving down the road from Billingshurst to Horsham (1.50 pm Sunday 22/11/09) I saw a Flamenco(?) Red XJ40 (either XJ6 XJ12 or Sport – I didn’t catch the number to date it!) I was staring at it as it approached and was really taken by surprise when the driver waved – I stopped flashing/waving at other Jaguars years ago, as no-one ever acknowledges me!

I was REALLY upset that I hadn’t been able to wave or flash Tiggy’s headlamps in time!

Anyway, returning home, I saw it again – this time with headlamps on (which made it look like a Sovereign!) and it took me by surprise so I only just managed to wave in time! It was just outside Midhurst going back towards Horsham at 2.40 pm the same day. I am hoping the owner might read this, as it is VERY unusual for an XJ40 driver to acknowledge another one, in my experience!

Usually i'm so surprised when i see one coming towards me i don't actually wave , i just point in amazement :lol:

God knows what they must think :)

But don't run away with the idea that your not noticed though , i went in to a local motor factors to buy something for my Rover SD1 and the chap said '' i see you have fitted a new set of wheels to your car '' :o

This was a few miles away from home and i was quite surprised , i also noticed a lot of drivers staring at me when out driving in the Rover , i didn't realise why until my daughter said ''they're staring at the car dad'' , i just thought it was increased road rage :lol:

Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.

kamilb1998
Under 17s Rep South

Postby kamilb1998 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:36 pm

eXJ40 wrote::idea: Do you think we could have a "spotted" section on the forum? IT could be quite nice to have a place to put down our "spotteds"? :?: :idea:

I was thinking about havong a 'spotted' section as well

Equinoxstudios

Postby Equinoxstudios » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:10 pm

As long as we're not talking rust spotted!... ;) Yeah, you're right, not funny.

Why is it that when I'm pedestrian, or worse still in the GW's Pug 205, do I see the rare companions for my 94 Sovver? I instinctually wave wildly only to be taken as a village idiot on his first trip to the city.

I compare this to the owner of a rare dog breed and the excitement of seeing another in the hope of making puppies. If only making new XJ40's was as easy as that - might scratch the paintwork though... and we're probably talking kittens not puppies...

Oh yes, back on subject, let's have a spotted section.
1994 XJ40 Sovereign 4.0 Brooklands Green
Surrey Hants Border xj40.com Regional Rep
email: surreyhantsborder.xj40com@gmail.com
Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast