carlmt wrote:But it might be an idea, John, to jot down a few words here as to what is involved with the post so that folk might give it some thought.
That's a good idea Carl. Here we go, just off the top of my head: Technical knowledge / experience:
- Experience with standard web hosting, specifically in a Linux environment
- Basic knowledge of DNS, HTTP(S), SSL/TLS
- Understanding of SMTP and basic mail transport
- Some basic experience with Linux CLI
- Knowledge of PLESK control panel and PHPmyAdmin
- Experience with MySQL database administration, design and development
- Knowledge of PHPbb software, including administration
- Working knowledge of web services
- Experience with Google Search API and Analytics
- Basic knowledge of SEOTasks include:
- Helping members with technical issues, swiftly diagnose and resolve where possible
- Liaise with the hosting provider and other 3rd parties where necessary
- Agree, specify and develop improvements to the forum software
- Review analytics and utilization stats, act accordingly
- Maintain the forum's SEO profile
- Identify potential/upcoming problems and proactively resolve where possible
Not all of these are vital though, and it probably sounds a lot more daunting than it really is, so please don't be put off if there are a few things in the list you don't know, it's more of a guideline.
A full handover will be provided and I'm always happy to assist going forward. Unfortunately I'm just no longer able to do this "full-time", but it's been a pleasure to have been able to contribute in this way and of course I'll still remain a member.