• Advertisement
Xclusively Jaguar
SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Meeting room
752120
Distinguished Mbr
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:10 am
Location: Warrington Cheshire

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby 752120 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 am

katar83 wrote:I still get logged off on a daily basis pretty much and website unavailable at least few times a day :roll: Then occasionally it sprints like an XJR for a short time only to slow down to X-Type 2.0 diesel territory where I have to wait 15 seconds for a page to refresh, clearly something is still not right :roll:

Same here Steve, sorry mate.

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep
Posts: 5438
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby donkeyotty » Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 am

752120 wrote:
katar83 wrote:I still get logged off on a daily basis pretty much and website unavailable at least few times a day :roll: Then occasionally it sprints like an XJR for a short time only to slow down to X-Type 2.0 diesel territory where I have to wait 15 seconds for a page to refresh, clearly something is still not right :roll:

Same here Steve, sorry mate.

Me three.....
1994 Regency Red 4.0 Sovereign M117FVC Chassis 705979
1993 Volvo 940 2.0 Turbo Wentworth Estate (Daily)

stevemc
Web Master
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 pm
Location: north wales
Contact:

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby stevemc » Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 am

HI all

techy teathing troubles lots of tweeking and fiddling about moved to different hosting site bear with us and all will be good.
you may get a few timeouts and few non conecting periods whilst all be set up

:(
Jaguar xj40 1986 build D513 NBU vin number ends 504501
Audi A4 Sline 2016

nlcrane
Spain Rep
Posts: 7587
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Spain

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby nlcrane » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

For me nothing seems to have speeded up, still as slow as ever. I suppose it could also be due to the fact that here in Spain we normally have blue “cloudless” skies so my data has to travel further to find a suitable cloud to latch onto, probably in France or even Holland it’s always cloudy there, big grey ones obviously chock a block full of data.
ImageImageImage
1994 Sovereign Gold 4.0

Area rep. SPAIN
espana.xj40@googlemail.com

old del boy
Posts: 6916
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Kent

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby old del boy » Thu May 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Thanks for all your efforts Steve in trying to sort out the site , it can't be easy when things go wrong , it is much appreciated :)

Derek..
'93 4.0L Daimler, solent blue,
'93 4.0L Daimler, Westminster,
'85 2600 Rover sd1 vdp oporto.

nlcrane
Spain Rep
Posts: 7587
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Spain

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby nlcrane » Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm

nlcrane wrote:For me nothing seems to have speeded up, still as slow as ever. I suppose it could also be due to the fact that here in Spain we normally have blue “cloudless” skies so my data has to travel further to find a suitable cloud to latch onto, probably in France or even Holland it’s always cloudy there, big grey ones obviously chock a block full of data.


This comment was not meant as a criticism, after my years in Process Control I know only too well the hidden pitfalls, gremlins and Murphys in IT and how difficult they are to localise and fix, it was just a lame attempt at cloud funded humour. Keep up the good work Steve we are all rooting for you and really appreciate what you are doing.
ImageImageImage
1994 Sovereign Gold 4.0

Area rep. SPAIN
espana.xj40@googlemail.com

stevemc
Web Master
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 pm
Location: north wales
Contact:

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby stevemc » Thu May 16, 2019 5:24 pm

nlcrane wrote:
nlcrane wrote:For me nothing seems to have speeded up, still as slow as ever. I suppose it could also be due to the fact that here in Spain we normally have blue “cloudless” skies so my data has to travel further to find a suitable cloud to latch onto, probably in France or even Holland it’s always cloudy there, big grey ones obviously chock a block full of data.


This comment was not meant as a criticism, after my years in Process Control I know only too well the hidden pitfalls, gremlins and Murphys in IT and how difficult they are to localise and fix, it was just a lame attempt at cloud funded humour. Keep up the good work Steve we are all rooting for you and really appreciate what you are doing.


no offence taken I appriciate its a pain in the rear to members and appriciate they want the site all nice and working fast. :), we shall get there in the end comments always welcome as i have a laugh to or i would cry :) your of course forgetting the square sproket and the widget gear as well as the ton of air as my son always quotes. "steve in IT wirh bluetooth headset" unless he wants something that is then is daddy dearest.
Jaguar xj40 1986 build D513 NBU vin number ends 504501
Audi A4 Sline 2016

KingfisherJon
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:29 pm
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby KingfisherJon » Fri May 17, 2019 12:06 am

It’s running much faster than it has been recently for me, but still not quite up to full speed here yet. It is keeping me logged in though too! Thanks for all your work behind the scenes to keep us online and to regain full throttle!
1993 (92MY) Daimler 4.0 in Kingfisher Blue (667548)
2004 Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 (daily drive)

2cats
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 am
Location: Napier, New Zealand

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby 2cats » Fri May 17, 2019 8:56 am

Wow... superfast site... Nice. Faaster than a V12 :-)
89 TWR XJR 3.6 - club car
89 TWR XJS 5.3 - club car
94 Daimler DD6 Insignia with Factory Jag sport pack - club car
91 Rangie - Paddock Ornament
17 Holden Commodore Motorsport Edition - daily driver

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep
Posts: 5438
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: FORUM MOVE THIS WEEKEND

Postby donkeyotty » Fri May 17, 2019 5:01 pm

To use one of esteemed colleagues spoken terms, Whoa, hold the bus :o
I have managed to load two pictures from my iPhone :shock:
I am either getting clever or Steve is working his magic :lol:
1994 Regency Red 4.0 Sovereign M117FVC Chassis 705979
1993 Volvo 940 2.0 Turbo Wentworth Estate (Daily)