SNG Barratt
David Marks Garages
Make a donation to XJ40.com

eBay motor bin.

donkeyotty
North Wales Rep

Re: eBay motor bin.

Postby donkeyotty » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Walker wrote:Booo hissss!!... each to their own, I don't mind picking up the slack with tales of rust and glory.

Shouldn’t that be rust and gory :lol:
1994 Regency Red 4.0 Sovereign M117FVC Chassis 705979
1993 Volvo 940 2.0 Turbo Wentworth Estate

NMV 1E
Snr Member

Re: eBay motor bin.

Postby NMV 1E » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm afraid some of the rust and gore images are a little too graphic sometimes. My first car, many, many, moons ago was destined to the great multi-story in the sky because of RUST and ROT. None of which seemed previleant on purchase ... Call it age exuberance of youth ignorance and rose tinted glasses. It left me somewhat bewildered as to how quickly "mint" can become "with a hole", (or several large ones, eventually joining up to become a void). I became a magnet carrier (usually those from loud speakers) and a screwdriver wielding maniac for many years afterwards, only now, enjoying a RUST free environment. I think the transition has been helped and aided by that substance known to all us car "nuts", as "Waxoil" ............... ;)
Life begins at Forty !... I was born with nothing, I seem to have most of it left.

2006 Baby Blue Hyundai Getz 1.4 CDX, Auto (yes I know, I know, but you'd be surprised, I was !)
1989 White and Navy Blue V.W. Golf Cabriolet (G.T.i.)
1992 Tornado Red V.W. Golf "tintop" 5 door (G.T.i.) For Sale !

Return to “XJ40s For Sale”